Investing in a 21st Century Infrastructure
FOR THE PG&E EMPLOYEES living throughout our service territory, our customers are our neighbors. The communities we serve are where we live and work, too.
That’s why we invested more than $5 billion last year to enhance pipeline safety and strengthen our gas and electrical infrastructure across northern and central California. It’s why we’re helping people and businesses gain energy efficiencies to help reduce their bills—saving them $142 million in 2015 alone. It’s why we’re focused on developing the next generation of clean, renewable energy systems.
We want to tell you more about our activities right here in your area. Meet some of our local employees, get the facts and see our progress in the San Luis Obispo area.
- Invested $233 million into electrical improvements
- Connected more than 9,000 rooftop solar installations for residents and businesses
- Provided nearly $890,000 in energy efficiency incentives to residential customers
- Provided more than $3.3 million in energy efficiency incentives to commercial and industrial businesses
- Enrolled more than 36,500 households in the CARE Program, which provides a monthly discount on energy bills
- Contributed more than $1.9 million to non-profit and community organizations in 2013-2014
- All facts 2013-2015 unless otherwise noted
Diablo Canyon Power Plant Facts
Diablo Canyon Power Plant is a safe and reliable energy resource for California. The plant provides low-cost, carbon-free electricity for more than three million people and plays a key role in allowing PG&E to deliver some of the cleanest energy in the nation to its customers. PG&E’s Diablo Canyon Power Plant is a vital local economic engine and brings significant benefits to San Luis Obispo and northern Santa Barbara counties.
- Diablo Canyon annually contributes more than $900 million to the region in direct, indirect and induced benefits.
- Diablo Canyon helps to make PG&E the largest private employer in the area with more than 1,500 employees and a payroll of more than $235 million.
- Diablo Canyon annually spends more than $20 million locally on goods and services.
- The plant is the largest property taxpayer in San Luis Obispo County – nearly $27 million for the fiscal year 2014/2015, which helps fund schools, public work projects, public safety and health and other vital services.