Investing in a 21st Century Infrastructure
FOR THE PG&E EMPLOYEES living throughout our service territory, our customers are our neighbors. The communities we serve are where we live and work, too.
That’s why we’re investing $4.5 billion every year to enhance pipeline safety and strengthen our gas and electric infrastructure across northern and central California. It’s why we’re helping people and businesses gain energy efficiencies to help reduce their bills. It’s why we’re focused on developing the next generation of clean, renewable energy systems.
We want to tell you more about our activities right here in your area. Meet some of our local employees, get the facts and see our progress in the Sacramento area.READ MORE
- Pressure-tested nearly 40 miles of gas transmission pipeline in the Sacramento area
- Replaced more than 30 miles of gas transmission pipeline in the Sacramento area
- Installed 15 automated valves in the Sacramento area
- Continue to leak survey all gas distribution pipelines – nearly 13,000 miles in the Sacramento area over a five-year period
- Continue to leak survey all gas transmission pipelines – more than 1,600 miles in the Sacramento area annually
- Invested almost $300 million into electrical improvements in the Sacramento area in 2013
- Installed smart grid technology on nearly 70 electrical circuits benefiting more than 190,000 customers in the Sacramento area. In the event of an outage, this “self-healing” technology minimizes the amount of customers who are without power for an extended period of time.
- Enrolled more than 340,000 Sacramento area households in the CARE Program, which provides a monthly discount on energy bills