Investing in a Cleaner California
PG&E DELIVERS SOME OF THE CLEANEST ENERGY IN THE NATION to its 16 million customers in northern and central California. More than 50% of our customers’ electricity comes from a combination of renewable and greenhouse gas-free resources, and our carbon dioxide emissions rate is two-thirds cleaner than the national utility average.
- PG&E has connected more than 220,000 rooftop solar installations for residents and businesses in California. We helped customers connect more solar systems than any other utility in the country.
- In 2014, we helped residents and businesses gain energy efficiencies to help reduce their bills—saving them $160 million.
- PG&E provided nearly $102 million in energy efficiency incentives to residential customers and more than $174 million in energy efficiency incentives to commercial and industrial businesses.
- The PG&E headquarters complex earned LEED Gold Certification, and the company’s service garage on Folsom Street earned the highest LEED certification – platinum.
- PG&E has one of the cleanest fleets in the nation, including more than 180 plug-in or hybrid vehicles.