Investing in a 21st Century Infrastructure
FOR THE PG&E EMPLOYEES living throughout our service territory, our customers are our neighbors. The communities we serve are where we live and work, too.
That’s why we’re investing in $4.5 billion every year to enhance pipeline safety and strengthen our gas and electrical infrastructure across northern and central California. It’s why we’re helping people and businesses gain energy efficiencies to help reduce their bills. It’s why we’re focused on developing the next generation of clean, renewable energy systems.
We want to tell you more about our activities right here in your area. Meet some of our local employees, get the facts and see our progress in the Bay Area.READ MORE
- Replaced nearly 15 miles of gas transmission pipeline in the Bay Area
- Pressure-tested more than 50 miles of gas transmission pipeline in the Bay Area
- Installed 57 automated valves in the Bay Area
- Continue to leak survey all gas distribution pipelines – more than 20,000 miles in the Bay Area over a five-year period
- Continue to leak survey all gas transmission pipelines – nearly 7,000 miles in the Bay Area annually
- Invested more than $1 billion into electrical improvements in the Bay Area in 2013
- Installed smart grid technology on more than 280 electrical circuits benefiting nearly 1 million customers in the greater Bay Area region. In the event of an outage, this “self-healing” technology minimizes the amount of customers who are without power for an extended period of time.
- Enrolled more than 540,000 Bay Area households in the CARE Program, which provides a monthly discount on energy bills