Investing in a 21st Century Infrastructure
FOR THE PG&E EMPLOYEES living throughout our service territory, our customers are our neighbors. The communities we serve are where we live and work, too.
That’s why we invested more than $5 billion last year to enhance pipeline safety and strengthen our gas and electric infrastructure across northern and central California. It’s why we’re helping people and businesses gain energy efficiencies to help reduce their bills. It’s why we’re focused on developing the next generation of clean, renewable energy systems.
We want to tell you more about our activities right here in your area. Meet some of our local employees, get the facts and see our progress in California.
- Strength-tested nearly 335 miles of gas transmission pipeline
- Replaced more than 100 miles of gas transmission pipeline
- Installed more than 200 automated valves throughout our service area
- Invested more than $4.5 billion into electrical improvements
- Installed smart grid technology on more than 625 electrical circuits benefiting more than 1.9 million customers. In the event of an outage, this “self-healing” technology minimizes the amount of customers who are without power for an extended period of time.
- Enrolled more than 1.4 million households in the CARE Program, which provides a monthly discount on energy bills
- Provided more than $276 million in energy efficiency incentives to residents and businesses
- Connected more than 150,000 rooftop solar installations
- All facts 2013/2014 unless otherwise noted