Investing in a 21st Century Infrastructure
FOR THE PG&E EMPLOYEES living throughout our service territory, our customers are our neighbors. The communities we serve are where we live and work, too.
That’s why we invested more than $5 billion last year to enhance pipeline safety and strengthen our gas and electric infrastructure across northern and central California. It’s why we’re helping people and businesses gain energy efficiencies to help reduce their bills—saving them $160 million in 2014 alone. It’s why we’re focused on developing the next generation of clean, renewable energy systems.
We want to tell you more about our activities right here in your area. Meet some of our local employees, get the facts and see our progress in California.
- Strength-tested more than 400 miles of gas transmission pipeline
- Replaced more than 116 miles of gas transmission pipeline
- Installed more than 200 automated valves throughout our service area
- Invested more than $7.2 billion into electrical improvements
- Installed smart grid technology on more than 700 electrical circuits and plans to add 60 more this year. To date, this technology has avoided more than 102 million customer outage minutes. In 2015, customers experienced the fewest number of outages in PG&E’s history.
- Enrolled more than 1.42 million households who qualify for the CARE Program, which provides a monthly discount on energy bills
- Provided nearly $102 million in energy efficiency incentives to residential customers
- Provided more than $174 million in energy efficiency incentives to commercial and industrial businesses
- Provided more than $27 million in energy efficiency incentives to agriculture businesses
- Provided more than $95 million in energy efficiency incentives to government programs
- Connected nearly 220,000 rooftop solar installations
- All facts 2013-2015 unless otherwise noted