Investing in a 21st Century Infrastructure
FOR THE PG&E EMPLOYEES living throughout our service territory, our customers are our neighbors. The communities we serve are where we live and work, too.
That’s why we’re investing $4.5 billion every year to enhance pipeline safety and strengthen our gas and electric infrastructure across northern and central California. It’s why we’re helping people and businesses gain energy efficiencies to help reduce their bills. It’s why we’re focused on developing the next generation of clean, renewable energy systems.
We want to tell you more about our activities right here in your area. Meet some of our local employees, get the facts and see our progress in California.
- Strength-tested nearly 200 miles of gas transmission pipeline in 2013
- Replaced nearly 70 miles of gas transmission pipeline in 2013
- Installed 75 automated valves throughout our service area in 2013
- Invested more than $2.2 billion into electrical improvements in 2013
- Installed smart grid technology on more than 500 electrical circuits benefiting more than 1.6 million customers. In the event of an outage, this “self-healing” technology minimizes the amount of customers who are without power for an extended period of time.
- Enrolled nearly 1.4 million households in the CARE Program, which provides a monthly discount on energy bills